July 24-25-26
We drove up Wed. and set up camp. We were so glad and excited to be camping with some of our very best friends.
After camp was set up we went down to the water and was excited to find a rope swing. The older girls had a blast, while the younger ones were very content with playing on the beach, catching baby frogs and tad poles.
We took Pat and Steve's boat and oars, and had a great time taking turns paddle-ing around
Why is food when you are camping so good? I don't know, but we love it..
We cooked dinner the first night and had dutch oven pizza and corn on the cob. We finished the night off with smores of course...
I love that Madi chose to photo bomb us....
Porter loves super heros and was seen running around the camp as batman...
Well, Drew decided we need a turn too, and was a super hero in doing the dishes!
Maybe I should get him his own costume..
I brought strips of t-shirts that we braided into bracelets and head bands. They turned out cute.
With Kara and Madi both recently back from girls camp, they had lots of songs and hand claps to share.. Let's just say, our campground was full of noise... but a good fun noise
tad pole pool...
Hallie and Elsie had a blast together in the trees. They had their own spooky house, and had horses that they were taking care of. I just loved their little imaginations.
Kara made a yarn lazer path for the kids to go thru
Beautiful morning walk
Porter is the only boy between both families, so you could say he is outnumbered. He is all boy and is full of energy. There was about a 20 min. time mark, i was able to make him hold still and he closed his eyes. I told him he had to keep his eyes closed for 5 min, and then I would get out the marshmello shooters... He was cute and opened his eyes a few times and said, " oh, I opened my eyes... start the time over". So I did- and he got a little bit longer rest.
Kara and Madi have been friends since birth. (all our kids have) I love that even though we don't live close and we don't see each other as much as we would like, they are the greatest of friends. I really hope this friendship lasts their whole life.
It was so fun to spend time in the beautiful mountains with our good friends.
Doing things like this as a family brings us closer together as we have to work together, have patience with each other, sleep in close quarters, and of course have fun together, as we enjoy the beautiful country we have been blessed with to live in.
Life is good... so good, it's worth jumping for!













1 comment:
It really was a great trip! I sure hope we can fit more camping trips in together next year :)
And I do wish we could hang out more!!!!! I am so grateful for our friendship and our kids friendships. You guys are the greatest!
Post a Comment