Monday, September 9, 2013

LUAU...


 Our ward was to have a fun summer picnic-activity... and it ended up that the primary presidency was to be in charge of it. 
So we planned a luau. 
We served Hawaiian haystacks, fruit, rolls, and ice cream sandwiches.. 
We also had beach volleyball to play..
You never know how much stress putting something like this on can bring a person until you have to do it. We planned on about 250 people and had about 200 show.  I was very pleased with the turn out, and ever so grateful for all the help from my family and presidency. 
We involved the activity day girls and they made lanterns that were strung between the pillars, and the boy scouts made awesome milk jug totem poles! 


 We had a best dressed contest and Aubree won! She got a $5 gift card to Baskin Robins ice cream... and No... I was not involved with the judging...
 My mom and Brad were here visiting us that weekend, and were amazing help in setting up, cleaning up and helping to keep track of the girls while I ran around checking on food.. I really wanted to get a family picture of us all dressed up for this, and some how in the craziness, didn't get one...



 We had a few brave young women learn a simple hula dance which they performed. 
They did an amazing job!

It was a great night and fun was had by all... 
Don't worry- I took tons of notes and I know for next time.... 
if there is a next time I have to be in charge...

1 comment:

The Hayes Family said...

Love Kara's face in all the pictures! It looks like you all had a fun time. Next year will be even better! ;)